Web Authoring Software

Subject: Web Authoring Software
From: Adrienne Heinzelman <aheinzel -at- MAIL -dot- SDCS -dot- K12 -dot- CA -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:35:33 -0700

If you're working on Win95 or NT, you might try Web Factory, available from
Thunder & Lightning Company at http://www.tlco.com/Webfact/Webfact.html

It's got both a WYSIWYG preview window and an HTML code window, that you can
display side-by-side. You can edit in either window. As you make changes in one
window, it automatically updates the other. It's nice because if you don't know
HTML very well, you can use the WYSIWYG window, which is as easy as a word
processor. And you can see the HTML code added to the other window as you work!

If you're like me, and know HTML pretty well, you may choose to work in the
HTML window exclusively, for ultimate control and faster processing. It's much
nicer than Notepad (still many people's favorite) because the HTML code is displayed
in red, comments are in blue, and the text that will appear on your page is in
black. This makes it a lot easier to see what's going on.

A free 14-day trial version is available from Thunder & Lightning Company at:
http://www.tlco.com/Webfact/Webfact.html
Adrienne Heinzelman
Contract Technical Writer

(and if it sounds like I'm really plugging the product, well...yes, I was on
the development team!)