multiple help files

Subject: multiple help files
From: bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 17:13:51 MTN

Elaine said:

--Within your help files, you *can* make jumps to topics that are in other help
files. It takes a bit more work, because of course you have to tell the compiler
which help file to look in, but it can be done. <endsnip>

You can make jumps between help projects, but only if you know that the
user is going to install all the modules/components of the product (each of
which has its own separate help project).

If he doesn't install all the modules, those jumps will still be there, and
if the user clicks them, he will get an error message saying there is no
such topic.

That's why I wrote my LONG message about creating A-links instead of jumps
between the multiple help projects. There are special needs with products
that have components that may or may not all be installed.

Maybe I wasn't very clear in my message...sorry about that!
Beth
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com