Re: pet peeve words

Subject: Re: pet peeve words
From: Geoffrey Brown <geoffrey -at- SOFTMED -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:48:14 -0500

I'd like to commend RJACOBSE -at- GPS -dot- COM for using an
excellent old "underground" word to coin a phrase:

>We've had HR people tell us that they're making some policy
>change to"incent" us to do something or other.
>Squinch-inducing.

I'm not sure "squinch" is even in the dictionary, but I've used it
myself for years.

If I'm not mistaken, "to squinch" is the action ones body
performs:

1) At the onset of an attack of lactose intolerance.
2) At the mention of something viscerally loathsome.

Anyone else have a good definition?

-- Geoff Brown
geoffrey -at- softmed -dot- com