Re: DUPLEX PRINTING PROBLEM

Subject: Re: DUPLEX PRINTING PROBLEM
From: Jay Mead <jlmead -at- OURAY -dot- CUDENVER -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:16:15 -0600

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Frank Taylor wrote:

> I use an HPLaserJet5 duplex printer.
>
> The printer prints the complete manual without any problems and each
> section starts where it should. However when I print just one section
> (after having updated it for example,)the printer starts to print with
> the 1st page being an even (left hand) page.

Frank:

I have the identical problem. I don't know how to solve it, but I do know
that you can work around it simply by starting the print job not at the
first page of the section to be printed, but at an odd page of the
previous section. For example, if section 6 starts on page 51, start
printing on page 49 (which is in section 5), and then toss the sheet
containing pages 49 and 50.

Simple-minded, but a lot easier than wrestling with the problem itself.

Jay