Anyone using Folio products? - Vendor Reply

Subject: Anyone using Folio products? - Vendor Reply
From: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 11:34:56 -0400

From: Rick Valencia <RVALENCI -at- folio -dot- com>
To: slbare -at- juno -dot- com
Subject: "Bergerson, Carl A" <Carl -dot- Bergerson -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>: Re: Anyone
using Folio products? -Reply
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:19:00 -0600

These people are not very current with Folio products. Folio has had a
Windows version out since 1993. Folio still has a DOS product for our
customers that are in need of cross platform compatibility, however it is
not our most current version. Send these people to checkout the Folio
home page at "www.folio.com" for the latest and greatest of electronic
publishing software.

From: "Bergerson, Carl A" <Carl -dot- Bergerson -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Subject: Re: Anyone using Folio products?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:40:37 +0100

The last time I encountered Folio Views was as a supplement to the
Comdex program three or four years ago. At that time it still had a
DOS-based interface.

Well, no, that was the second last time. Yesterday I walked by a
co-workers office and saw that same ugly interface. Since she is one of
our sys admins, I guess she was consulting the online Novell documents
which have used Folio Views for more than a decade.

IMNSHO, don't use it unless your users all have glass TTYs (teletypes or
green screens).

Carl Bergerson
Mission Viejo
Product Information
carl -dot- bergerson -at- unisys -dot- com

message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send
commands
to LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU (e.g. HELP or SIGNOFF