Re: Master/Slave

Subject: Re: Master/Slave
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat_ashraf -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:53:11 EDT

On Sep 17, 2:16pm, Wayne Douglass wrote:
> Subject: Re: Master/Slave
> At 04:07 PM 9/17/97 -0500, David Orr wrote plaintively:
>
> >Maybe I'm just dense. Can someone explain why slave/master analogies are
> >per se insensitive?
>
> Nothing is *ever* insensitive per se. Thinking makes it so.

Hear! Hear! Hear! Hear! Hear!

And a plug for "Know your market. Know your user." Other parts of the world
[country?] and other groups of users would not more or less sensitive to the
choice of Slave/Master or whatever. If you are documenting software for NGO's
you wanna very, very, PC. If you are writing for Truck Drivers, you wanna ...
am I making sense?

Sabahat.

PS: what's the Latin for "user"? I wanna adapt "Gnothi Seauthon" [Socrates]

--
Sabahat_Ashraf -at- MentorG -dot- com