Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology
From: "Marie C. Paretti" <mparetti -at- RRINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 08:04:16 -0400

>If I were to start using "scott" in reference to something negative, and
>over time that caught on so that the most common usage of the word was in
>reference to that that negative thing, would you then change your name
>because of its "negative connotations"?

How many parents name their kid Hitler? Maybe Adolf is still popular in
Germany, but I kinda doubt it.

Marie C. Paretti
Department of English Recognition Research, Inc.
University of Wisconsin - Madison Blacksburg, Virginia
mparetti -at- facstaff -dot- wisc -dot- edu mparetti -at- rrinc -dot- com

Sometimes I feel like a dog
standin' on a tool box
in the back of a pickup truck
doin' 90 round a corner