FrameMaker

Subject: FrameMaker
From: "Marie C. Paretti" <mparetti -at- RRINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:52:31 -0400

Oooh. An on-topic post! ;-> And one full of potentially politically
incorrect metaphors, too.

So, now that I've listened to everyone's advice and gotten Frame 5.5 (my
boss and I decided that since it's got a 30-day MBG, we'd see what this
sucker can do), my next project is learning to use the beast. After a
couple of hours beating at it this morning (in between championing causes
and changing the world), I must say I'm not impressed with Adobe's manual
(does anyone else use that two-column format? seems to me it makes the
page look really crowded. and if i had ever wondered about on-line docs,
the fact that it's driving me crazy to have to keep shifting back and forth
between the book and the online manual has cured me of any on-line only
leanings). Anyway, my question, buried in here somewhere, is:

Can anyone recommend a good FrameMaker book? Or a good way to get started?

Part of the issue for me is that I've got one 100-page manual (5 separate
chapters) written in Word and I'm going to import them, so I need to get up
and running on creating master pages and templates pretty quickly without
wading through more trivial stuff.

Any and all replies, provided they are in English (ah, ethnocentricity
rears its ugly head) are welcome.

Giddily,
Marie

Marie C. Paretti
Department of English Recognition Research, Inc.
University of Wisconsin - Madison Blacksburg, Virginia
mparetti -at- facstaff -dot- wisc -dot- edu mparetti -at- rrinc -dot- com

Sometimes I feel like a dog
standin' on a tool box
in the back of a pickup truck
doin' 90 round a corner