Problems when copying Corel7 art into Frame 5.1 or 5.5

Subject: Problems when copying Corel7 art into Frame 5.1 or 5.5
From: Les Phillips <lesp -at- CIPRICO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:07:40 -0500

I've got two problems I've encountered when importing or copying CorelDraw7 art into Frame.

First, when I copy a line drawing from CorelDraw7 and past it into Frame 5.1 or 5.5, the font selected in Corel for the call outs (Arial) is translated into a monospaced Avant Garde. If I save the Corel7 art as Corel6 and copy it from Corel6, the problem goes away. Unfortunately, this requires having Frame, CorelDraw7, and CorelDraw6 up at the same time. Clunky at best. Any ideas how to get the font selected in Corel to translate correctly into Frame?

Second, again this occurs when importing vector artwork from CorelDraw7. The line weights appear to remain the same from the original to the copy in Frame. If the Frame copy is sized smaller than the original, the line weight remains the same while the rest of the art is reduced. This results in a figure with very heavy lines and a blocked up appearance. Is there a way to ensure that all the artwork sizes properly in Frame as it should in Corel?

In advance, thanks for the help.

Les Phillips
Manager of Technical Communications
Ciprico, Inc