Masters without slaves

Subject: Masters without slaves
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 10:16:40 -0500

I don't want to draw this out or give it new life, but here's the deal:

The product I'm currently documenting has something called profiles, of
which there are three flavors: master, server, and thread. The master
profile is just a list of all the resources that can be included in the
server and thread profiles. (I'd go into what all that means, but it
can't be done quickly.)

There's no mention of slaves anywhere. So, is the use of the word
"master" without the context of slaves offensive?

Disclaimer: Personally, I think it rather silly that it might be, but
I'm not the one who might decide not to buy the product over something
like this.
--
Chris Hamilton, Senior Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel