Re: Downside of contracting

Subject: Re: Downside of contracting
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:56:29 -0700

One thing that concerns me is these feast or famine cycles, although I have
heard some contract tech writers say that they turn away as much work as
they take. I guess mileage can vary depending on your skills and where you
work.

But another concern is having the choice to take jobs that you are really
interested in rather than just to feed your face. I am afraid that as a
contractor I will be forced to take anything that comes along just to be
working rather than being able to pick and choose the companies and
technologies that I am interested in.

An feedback on this issue?

- tgr