Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology
From: Michael LaTorra <MLaTorra -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:42:45 -0600

With regard to this thread, I recalled the thoughts of Dr. John Lilly, a
scientist of note. The following comes from an interview:

Interviewer: What do you think of Terence McKenna's statement that
language actually creates reality?
John Lilly: No, it doesn't. Language creates reality? That doesn't make
any sense at all. All we do is construct simulations. I construct the
simulation of you for instance, and I turn this into words. But that
simulation is nowhere near who you really are. Then I tell you what my
simulation of you is and you correct it, and on and on. You cannot
substitute words for the action of the brain, the action of thought, or
the action of mind.

Michael LaTorra
Technical Writer

SCGroup Incorporated
7777 Market Center Avenue
El Paso, Texas 79912-8412
USA

Tel: 915-877-3900
Fax: 915-877-7296
E-Mail: MLATORRA -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM