Re: Contracting - for the Robust Only

Subject: Re: Contracting - for the Robust Only
From: Maury <alsacien -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 21:31:26 +0200

Hello again,

Please, don't flame me for digressing. I felt it would be wrong not to post
this on the list.

Although I was only offering a side of contracting that one rarely takes
into consideration, I received a number of very thoughtful and insightful
posts from many of you, and some even directed me to sources for support.
Let me say at once that you've already done more than anyone around me did
at the time of the tragedy.

I knew nothing of this list at the time of my brother's death, and even if
I had, I don't know if I would have thought of posting anything, because it
is a professional list, after all. However, those of you who posted me
proved to me how many decent human beings are on this list.

I set up a memorial to my brother at:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/4072/brother.htm

For whatever emotions it evokes in you, it only begins to reflect the
feeling that I had at the time of his death. My customers were accustomed
to the trusty, reliable workhorse who could pull all-nighters to get the
job done; that person ceased to exist when my brother died, almost as if it
was only my brother who gave me the strength for the long hours. That's not
completely false; I used to call him late in the evening after I'd finish
working, and we'd talk. After he was no longer, I only felt empty and
lonely at that hour.

Thanks to all of you who posted me. It made a huge difference to me.

- Maury