Re: A proposal to the tech writing list moderator

Subject: Re: A proposal to the tech writing list moderator
From: Dan Biby <dbiby -at- PREVUENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:47:42 -0500

Paul Nendick wrote:
>>I propose a new list:

Another writers' list that I subscribe to prefixes the subject line with
a "category" indicator to help the recipient determine if he's
interested in opening the message.

The categories are:
o TECHNIQUE or TECH for pieces about the technical side of writing
o EXERCISE or EXER for exercises
o WOW f or news about the World Of Writing
o FILLER or FILL for the odd fluff that keeps sleepy heads from pillows
o INTERACTIVE or IN for interactive thread stories. join in the fun.

Further, the subscriber can instruct the server to sort through his
incoming mail and remove those he's not interested in. For example, I
can instruct the server to NOT deliver any messages in the FILL
category.

Perhaps we can do something like that for this list. I would propose we
add a couple more categories, such as

o TOOL for discussion on hardware and software.
o DEVELOPMENT for discussion on improving ourselves or the profession.

Maybe there are others. Just my 2 cents' worth.

Dan Biby
Time-pressed Manager
Prevue Networks, Inc.
dbiby -at- prevuenet -dot- com