Word merge and macros

Subject: Word merge and macros
From: Lynda Straus <Lynda_Straus -at- THEMONEYSTORE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:53:23 -0800

Help! Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I have three multiple-page MS Word 7 documents which are to be mailmerged
with infomation from a Paradox file. (I think I said this right.)

So, basically, here's a template, with all these fields requiring input,
then input comes from the data stream, then the information which has just
been downloaded into the document needs to be protected (immediately,
before the user is given access to the document). Then the user will need
to enter information (free-form, large amounts of text) in other fields,
without having the ability to change any existing information.

How to do? Can't protect the template, then the merge won't work. What
about a macro set to run after the mailmerge, and specifying each field
where data was just filled in? Is it possible?

Oh, macro-gurus, hear me . . .

Lynda Straus
The Money Store
Sacramento, CA
lynda_straus -at- themoneystore -dot- com
916/480-3868