Looking for Work in Central to Southern Florida

Subject: Looking for Work in Central to Southern Florida
From: Rebecca Faye <Rivkafaye -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 23:03:34 -0400

Thursday, September 25, 1997

I recently graduated from Media Works Technical Writing School, Tel Aviv,
Israel, and am interested in work as a Technical Writer or Technical Editor.
My prime motivation for a career change to technical writing is because I
enjoy writing technically. I found that every time I was able to write
instructions or technical specifications for chemical packaging and products,
I would ask to do more. I love technical writing and all the constant
learning that goes along with it.

My expectations for the future are that I am able to do my out-and-out best .
. . that means 100 percent and better. Since I've chosen my career as a
technical writer, I feel more determined and motivated to go the full
distance and do the very best for you as I can possibly do. Also, since I
have a computer at home, I can devote added time in crunch modes and
deadlines. You can safely estimate that you will have a very dedicated
employee, especially since it is my good name that is on the line.

I now have a computer and have access to the Internet. You may contact me via
Email with specific questions and comments at rivkafaye -at- aol -dot- com or
rivkamiriam -at- usa -dot- net -dot- I am continuing to do documentation at home with
extended studies on programs recently purchased: FrameMaker5, AutoCAD LT,
RoboHelp Professional, FrontPage 97, and Microsoft Office 97.
I am fluid with Corel applications, as well as Microsoft applications. I have
an excellent background in design, planning, and implementation. I am a good
decision-maker and work extremely well under pressure. I am familiar with the
world of deadlines and overtime hours from my background in
advertising/marketing and from the technical writing background gained in
Israel.

My motivation for moving back to America? First, I am so much more able to
communicate in English than Russian or Hebrew; secondly, I am concerned about
my son's English skills and the quality of the level of education he receives
is very important; third and lastly, my daughter is residing and attending
the university here.

I am hoping to reside in the central to southern Florida area. The move (my
shipment currently enroute from Israel) has been paid door-to-door to either
Orlando or Tampa (or anywhere between or south), so moving to relocate is not
really a concern. We, my son and I, are temporarily residing with my parents
in Ocala, Florida. One concern I have is that I get a good job, in close
proximity to good schooling, and a good community lifestyle. I will need to
rent for a while prior to buying a home, so any suggestions for renting are
welcome.
I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you. I think that one-on-one
we can discuss all the available options for us working together as a team.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to speaking
with you soon.

Regards,
Rebecca Faye

Rebecca Faye
2725 North East 64th Lane, Ocala, Florida 34479-1460
Email: rivkafaye -at- aol -dot- com

SUMMARY

20 years of design and production; copyediting; advertising, instructional,
article and publication writing.
Computer skills:
AutoCAD LT, CorelDraw 5, Corel PhotoPaint 5, RoboHelp, Ventura Publisher 5,
FrameMaker5, PhotoShop, Pagemaker 5, ClarisWorks, Microsoft Office '97
(Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and Word), FrontPage 97, Paintbrush,
PhotoStacker Pro, Print Shop Deluxe and WordPerfect 6.

EXPERIENCE

1997 KULICKE & SOFFA ISRAEL LTD.
Haifa, Israel -- Technical Writer/Illustrator
Design and write installation instructions for the Model 7500 Emergency
Nitrogen Backup Retrofit.
Work with mechanical, electrical, and design engineers to develop technical
documents.
Complete rewrite on a Japanese translation into English for a Fullback
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Device.
Insert translation from Japanese into K&S template, scan and draw
illustrations, edit for correctness to English language, and edit to
correlate with the K&S manual of style.

1997 AACI
Haifa, Israel -- Publisher and Marketing Consultant
Redesign, implement, and provide marketing tools for AACI Northern Lights
Publication.
Recommend design, editorial, and advertising changes to increase readership,
membership and advertisers.
Create marketing tools that enable the sales team to gain advertisers.
Provide copy-editing education to the editorial team.
Design and provide a custom AACI template to the editorial team.

1988-1994 AGRAFIQUE COMPANY
Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Advertising Writer and Designer
Responsible for writing, design, proof reading, copy-editing, and marketing
research for area companies.
Design and write catalogs and packaging for chemical products.
Design and write point-of-purchase display assembly instructions.
Develop advertising materials from conception through pre-press production.
Produce caricatures, catalogs, exploded-view illustrations, flyers, letters,
forms, invitations, instruction sheets, magazine and newspaper ads,
newsletters, packaging labels, plan-o-grams, display mock-ups, posters, press
releases, resumes, short articles, stationery, timelines, and T-shirt
designs.

1988-1990 TRADE PRESS PUBLISHING
Glendale, Wisconsin -- Creative Typographer
Responsible for creating advertising agency quality typography with emphasis
placed on visual balance and aesthetics.
Layout, typeset, and produce two monthly industrial magazines.
Produce film negatives, film positives, paper positives, and paper proofs.

1985-1988 TRAVEL GRAPHICS
Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Production Manager
Responsible for the daily supervision of employees, design and production of
travel-related promotional materials, and monitoring projects within the
department.
Color key or chromalin proofing; training; layout, copy editing, and
proofreading of travel brochures and catalogs.

1983-1985 THE BUSINESS JOURNAL
Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Head Typographer
Responsible for managing a 15-terminal TI-800 mainframe with custom newspaper
production and pagination network interfaced to CompuGraphic typesetting
equipment.
Daily supervision of equipment, supplies and typographers; modem download and
upload of articles; newspaper and magazine typography and pagination.
Provide system training to editorial and production staffs.

1977-1983 DCI MARKETING
Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Point-of-Purchase Display Production Artist
Responsible for creating camera-ready artwork for point-of-purchase
advertising displays; and for the daily operation of the typography
department, its' equipment, and supplies.
Purchase typographic equipment and setup a typesetting department.
Create exploded-view illustrations; design, photograph, illustrate and write
display instruction sheets; create quarter-size and half-size camera-ready
keylines.

EDUCATION
1997
CBT via the Internet - Introduction to Computers and Writing for Publication
at Virtual University.
MEDIA WORKS TECHNICAL WRITING SCHOOL - TEL AVIV, ISRAEL - Certificate of
Technical Writing. Course of study: Computer hardware and software,
introduction to HTML, introduction to RoboHelp, technical writing, and
desktop publishing for technical publications and documentation. Major
concentration on software documentation. Final project: User Manual for
FinancialCalc97 application.
1983 - 1995
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN / MATC / MILWAUKEE ART MUSEUM - Anatomy and human
physiology, short-story writing, creative writing, and figure drawing.
1973 - 1977
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN - OSHKOSH - Bachelor of Science degree.
1968 - 1972
MENOMONEE FALLS HIGH SCHOOL - MENOMONEE FALLS - Liberal Arts diploma.

AFFILIATIONS
Member of AACI.
Member of STC.
Member of Tech-Shoret and TechWrite technical writer lists.
Editorial Design Team AACI Northern Lights Rosh Hashanah Pilot 1997.
Published writer and poet.
Secretary/Treasurer of Ventura Publisher's User's Group 1989 to 1990.
Member Jewish Community Center Corporate Committee 1988 to 1993.
Advertising Coordinator for CityWide Jewish Singles 1991 to 1992.
Public Relations Director Accompany of Kids 1991 to 1992.