Re: Word merge and macros

Subject: Re: Word merge and macros
From: Sigrid Schoepel <Sigrid_Schoepel -at- BRAINTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 06:42:35 -0500

I know you can suck in information and protect the document. There are
field codes you can place in the document that display dialog boxes asking
for input. They're easy to add in.

And, the software I am documenting has points in it where users click on a
button and the application lauches Word and a Word template. This template
is (gasp) a protected form and there is VB behind it to pull data from the
database into the form. We also have templates where data put into the form
is pulled out and put into the database. (We also control Word so that only
certain toolbar items, menu items, and quick keys are available while using
the template.)

If you are interested in the first solution use the ASK and FILLIN fields.
If you are interested in the second solution, I'll see if we can give up
some of the code.

Sigrid Schoepel
Documentation Manager
Brainstorm Technologies