FrameMaker 5.5 bug--platform info.

Subject: FrameMaker 5.5 bug--platform info.
From: "L. Wong" <lydiaw -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:26:42 -0400

Folks,

I'm sorry that I didn't think to include my platform or system
information concerning the side-head bug in FrameMaker 5.5. I'm working
on Windows 95 on a Pentium-166 machine with 16 MB of RAM.

I'm afraid I didn't ask the Adobe tech. support representative whether
this bug was platform-specific or not. If you are concerned, you might
want to contact Adobe tech. support directly before deciding on
purchasing an upgrade.

Again, if you are seeing the problem or if you are having other problems
with Frame 5.5, please contact Adobe to let them know. The first
technical support representative I talked to didn't even know they had
found this problem. Only when I made a second call did I happen to get
one who knew about it (having just gotten off the phone with someone
from HP, he said, who had the same problem).

The more we can bring this to their attention, the sooner we might get a
response. Also, the tech. support person I talked with (Russell) said
they will keep a list of people reporting the problem and contact them
directly when a fix is available.

Thanks to anyone who has already called to report problems.

Lydia Wong
Technical Writer
FarPoint Technologies, Inc.