Re: encoded gif

Subject: Re: encoded gif
From: Dave Chisma & Gail Hodgson <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 18:00:57 +1000

Buck & Tilly Buchanan wrote:

> --------------313E5BC941A9
>
> Does anyone know how to extract an animated .gif file from an email
> message in Netscape Mail?
>
> I've attempted to forward one that come to me this way and hope you can
> see what I'm talking about.
>
> In Netscape Mail, you can click View|Attachments Inline to see the file
> if it came through all right.

Dave Chisma wrote:

There might be a few ways to extract your gif, but here's one that
worked for me.

I saved the e-mail with a .UUE file extension and used Winzip to open
the UUE file.

Winzip said there were 4 text files and ANIPLAYR.GIF.

I extracted ANIPLAYR.GIF and opened it in Netscape. It seemed to work
fine.

Cheers, Dave Chisma
chisma -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au