Word to HTML Conversion Tools

Subject: Word to HTML Conversion Tools
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- GHAYHOE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 17:15:37 -0400

Two weeks ago I asked whether anyone had had luck converting MS
Word styles to HTML tags. I received responses from 13
listmembers who suggested the following tools:

HTML Transit (7 recommendations)
MS Word Save as HTML (2 recommendations)
FrontPage 97 (1 recommendation)
MS Internet Assistant for Word (1 recommendation)
WordtoWeb (1 recommendation)
TagWrite (1 recommendation)

From the comments I received, it looks like HTML Transit is the
clear winner. You can get further information InfoAccess's Web
site (http://www.infoaccess.com/products/transit/tp397.htm).

Thanks to Geoff Lane, Al Wilson, Paula Puffer, Will Kelly, Jody
LaFerriere, Geoff Hart, Emily Leavitt, Janet Valade, Susan
Gallagher, Keith Soltys, Marilynne Smith, John Glenn, and Denise
Winkelman for sharing their expertise.

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 803-642-2156
Fax: +1 803-642-9325
Award-winning Web site: http://www.ghayhoe.com