Re: Original techwriter humor

Subject: Re: Original techwriter humor
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 11:54:31 -0400

In a message dated 97-10-01 04:43:51 EDT, soundy -at- rogers -dot- wave -dot- ca (Matt Ion)
writes:

<< I dunno how PC it is >>
Actually, in retrospect, I was sure I'd get trashed for using the word
'nerd'. I fully expected to receive something like:

<<For your information, you reactionary mindslug, the correct term is
'emotionally challenged, intellectually abled', OK? You may just think of us
as brilliant, but we have feelings, too. (Or at least highly refined logical
constructs, which is sufficient for most real world applications.)
How about stepping into the 21st Century with the rest of us, huh? Or
does the thought of leaving your DOS prompt fill your primitive mind with
superstitious terror?>>

Too bad. Having worn a crewcut and a white short-sleeved shirt in high
school, that's one minority in which I could actually claim membership.

Jim Chevallier
Los Angeles