Re: Corporate writing group structure

Subject: Re: Corporate writing group structure
From: "Key,Sharon" <skey -at- AGEDWARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 10:14:58 -0500

Larry Weber pondered:

Presently, the writers in our company are assigned to a particular
product. These writers report to the product manager. One of the
management honchos wants to hire a Writing Manager and have all writers
report to that person. This would allow them to distribute writers to
different products more efficiently. It's said that the writers will be
"experts" in a particular product, but will help out as needed on

I'm not exactly thrilled about this. I like to dig my teeth into a
product and contribute to the design--something I fear will be difficult
if I'm being reassigned to different products often.

Anyone have any experience--good or bad--in such a transition?

We're in the same boat. I would appreciate seeing responses to this query
posted to the list.

Sharon Key

Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at