Re: Framemaker sample manuals needed.

Subject: Re: Framemaker sample manuals needed.
From: barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:05:55 -0700

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Jeff Hooker wrote:

> > [Jeff Hooker] In George's defense,
> >
> > It is a least as silly to suggest that the tool used to create a
> > document has no influence on the final form of the document itself.
> > Certain tools have certain strengths that make certain layouts make
> > more sense from a creation/upkeep point of view.
> >
> > I would also assert that the platform is a lot less relevant than the
> > tool itself.
> >
> > This is not a flame, but rather a light noogie.
> >
> > Just my opinion,
> > Jeff Hooker

Now your cooking with gas Jeff!

That was my point. The platform (Mac, UNIX, Windows, AS400, et el.) has no
affect on the outcome of the look of the document.

I further assert, that *anything* you can create in Framemaker, I can
create an *exact* undistinguishible copy of in Interleaf.

Let the battle of the DTP begin!

This is not a flame, but rather a touche'

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
(somewhat defensive today) ;-)