Printing Problem in Word97

Subject: Printing Problem in Word97
From: GeriLou Ciotoli <GeriLou_Ciotoli -at- DLCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 18:12:11 GMT

I've posted this on the Word-PC list to no avail. Hopefully, you guys can
help me out.

I'm having a printing problem with Word 97 on Windows 95 with an HP Laserjet
4V (parallel connection).

I'm sometimes getting black boxes for my embedded graphics or sometimes no
graphics at all. It is very random. I've checked the
Tools-Options-Printing and Graphic objects is checked. (This happens on
another printer in the office, also inconsistently.)

Sometimes I print from the File Manager, and sometimes out of Word. But I
really can't say which is giving me the problem. It happens inconsistently
from both places. Is there a difference printing from one or the other? I
guess I'm lazy because I like printing from the File Manager since I don't
have to open and close the documents while printing multiple files.

I've also got a couple of other questions .. (if you don't mind)
Is there anyway to generate page numbers in the format CSA.2-1 where CSA is
the manual acronym, and 2-1 is the chpt and page number? I'm doing it now
with CSA in a field entry. But it doesn't show up in a Global Manual Set TOC
which will include all manuals with all chpts.

Also, can Word reference a section or page number from another document? Is
this where Bookmarks come into play? I've never used Bookmarks. Maybe it's
time I learn. (I used Interleaf for many years where this was just a
reference copy.)

Respond directly to me please, since I am on Digest.

Thanks for your help.
Geri Lou Ciotoli
Technical Communicator
Enterprise Computer Systems Inc. (formerly Dataline, Inc.)
Stratford, CT
gciotoli -at- dlcorp -dot- com