Re: HTML graphics

Subject: Re: HTML graphics
From: Katherine Hostetter <katherin -at- EFN -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 17:40:07 -0700

Matt Ion wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 14:45:22 -0700, Chuck Martin wrote:
>
> >> I took the advice of a message I found on last week's list. We have
> >> tested using HTML Transit to convert MS Word files to HTML pages.
> >> However, we're having a problem with some graphics coming in too
> >> large.
> >>
> >Use the HEIGHT= and WIDTH= attributes of the IMG tag, specifying values in
> >pixels.
>
> HEIGHT and WIDTH will tell the browser what the size of the image will
> be, so it can pre-allocate the screen space. Unless it's something
> that's been added to the newest browsers, I DON'T believe these
> attributes will tell the browser to actually paint the image that size.
>
> Your friend and mine,
> Matt
> <insert standard disclaimer here>
> to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
> browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html
The height and width tags will make the image whatever size is
specified. This is not a good way to resize images. They can be
distorted into funny shapes by this tag. Resize the image in Photoshop
or whatever program you're using and use those height and width figures
for the tags, if you choose to use the tags.
Katherine Hostetter