Re: Learning Visual Basic (and Visual C++)

Subject: Re: Learning Visual Basic (and Visual C++)
From: Kelly Anderson <kanderson -at- MAGSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 10:16:46 -0700

Buck is right-on. I purchased a similar book, Visual C++ in 12 Easy
Lessons, to learn Visual C++. The book costs $45.00, is published by
Sams Publishing, and includes the complete Microsoft Visual C++
compiler, version 1.0. The software comes with a standard Microsoft
license agreement which allows me to install and use one copy of the
compiler on a local computer. I can sell, rent, or give away any
executable I create with the compiler, but cannot use the Microsoft
name.

The "catch" is that I'm using an old compiler and cannot get technical
support from Microsoft for the it.

Kelly Anderson
Sr. Technical Writer, Magellan Software, Inc.