Re: Dialog boxes

Subject: Re: Dialog boxes
From: John Prince <prince1 -at- WEBTV -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 19:22:30 -0500

Need a little advise please. I work for a software company. I have a
question about incorrect wording/grammar on dialog boxes (windows).

Here is an example. I am writing a step for installation. The wording
on the dialog box reads, "SET UP READY TOO BEGIN."

Now, this is obviously bad - very bad. When referencing the dialog box,
how should I reference it?

"Click Next on the SET UP READY TOO BEGIN dialog box."
or
"Click Next on the Setup Ready to Begin dialog box."

I strive to be precise, yet I want to be correct. This might be a minor
detail, but believe it or not, I have come across many dialog boxes such
as the one above.

Please respond privately to me, as I am on the digest, and usually on
receive the first two or three messages on it.

Thanks in advance!

John
http://members.tripod.com/~princej/DC.html (The Great Dallas Cowboys)