Re: Stype Guide Survey

Subject: Re: Stype Guide Survey
From: bartlett <bartlett -at- VOICENET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 09:57:12 -0400

Dear Nea:

I use the Chicago Manual of Style, the venerable Strunk and White, and
Webster's. I am also very fond of _Science and Technical Writing, A
Manual of Style_ (Philip Rubens, Gen. Ed.). Since my writing and editing
involves chemistry and chemical engineering, I also use Grant and Hackh's
Chemical Dictionary, which is extremely helpful when I need to refresh my
memory on something like a Reynolds number.

I work for a very small consulting company, so besides writing, I also
create graphics.

This is outside the realm of the software/hardware documentation and
on-line help most people on the list seem to be involved in, but I hope
it helps!

Tracey Bartlett
bartlett -at- voicenet -dot- com
"Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the
end of the tunnel has been turned off until
further notice."