Re: Word 7/ Word 8 compatibility problems, again

Subject: Re: Word 7/ Word 8 compatibility problems, again
From: Hans Lonissen <lonis -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 00:19:25 +0200

Sandy Dryer wrote:

> Hi,
> Our documents were originally done in Word 6 and we recently converted them
> to Word 7. They've been working fine in Word 7.
>
> One of our clients, who's in - I'll call it Word 8, I get hopelessly
> confused if I start saying "Word 97" - can't even open the documents.
>
> Does this problem ring a bell? I've been searching the archives and can't
> find this exact problem listed - my apologies to all if I missed something
> obvious.

Maybe a stupid suggestion, but I know our clients. When you open a Word6
doc in Word8 you a lot of options that can be somewhat confusing.
Did you ask your client what exactly happens and she/he does?
If (s)he gets an error message and nothing happens at all, it's time to
search the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/c.asp?M=F

Hope that helps.

--