Thanks... and need info on a cross-platform graphic format

Subject: Thanks... and need info on a cross-platform graphic format
From: Hareesh Kumar K N <hari -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 11:00:11 +0500

Hi,

Thanks to all of you who responded to my query on editing .ps files. From
all the responses, we found out that without Adobe Distiller and
Illustrator it's difficult to work with .ps files.
Thanks once again for the help.

I'm facing another problem now. We have FrameMaker on various platforms
such as Windows, Solaris and Mac, and the documents need to be
viewed/edited on these platforms. While we do not have any problem with the
text, diagrams are creating real problems. I am on Windows95, and create
the diagrams in Visio Technical. To insert these into FrameMaker, we
convert them into Windows Metafile (.wmf) or Windows Bitmap (.bmp). While
these diagrams work fine with Windows version of FrameMaker, they appear as
blank frames on Solaris.

Is there a graphic format supported on the differnt versions of FrameMaker?
I tried Encapsulated Postscript (.eps), but it didn't work. I cannot create
some of these diagrams using FrameMaker graphic tools as they are pretty
complex.

If any of my esteemed colleagues know the answer, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hari