Re: What products to use?

Subject: Re: What products to use?
From: "Michael A. Lewis" <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:29:26 +1000

I've seen heaps of mentions, on this list, of RoboHelp and Microsoft's
sundry offerings. I have used Virtual Media Technology's HDK (Hypertext
Development Kit) and an associated product called IntraWeb to convert
Word docs for intranet delivery. Notwithstanding the widely publicised
problems with Word, really it only gives problems when you do something
exotic with it; in v 6.0a, I don't even have problems with master
documents. So for my money, Word, HDK, and IntraWeb are a powerful and
effective combination. [No, I don't work for VM Tech -- though sometimes
I get the feeling that we're all working for Microsoft :-( -- but I've
been using their stuff for a couple of years.] Try their web site at
www.vmtech.com
--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited