Re[2]: Microsoft Help for Macintosh

Subject: Re[2]: Microsoft Help for Macintosh
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:37:26 -0500

>I'm mystified about this. You can't view Windows Help without WinHelp (the
>Help application) but WinHelp doesn't run on the Mac. How did you create a
>Microsoft Help file for the Mac? Does it work?

Be mystified no longer. MS ships a help application for the Mac as well. As
for shipping it with the mac application, it would probably be a good idea.
(A better idea would have been to write it in Apple Guide, as it's a far
better help system and you can be sure every mac user with a recent OS will
have it.) You see, there are a lot of Mac users who don't have any MS
applications on their system (my home system, for example) so wouldn't have
the help application.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224