Re: off topic - pdf file into pagemaker 6.0

Subject: Re: off topic - pdf file into pagemaker 6.0
From: TRIAD Services <TRIADserv -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 15:44:03 -0400

In a message dated 97-10-15 14:48:11 EDT, vitex -at- PHOENIX -dot- NET writes:

<< 1.) the final file is to be in pagemaker, but he wants to use the
graphics
from the pdf file into the new manual. is this possible??

2.) can I edit the pdf file and keep the graphics intact???

3.) can I copy the graphics from a pdf file into pagemaker???

4.) if I could copy the graphincs out of the pdf file will it hurt
quality????

1) It is possible in THEORY... read on
2) I don't believe you can edit a PDF ... that's sort of the point of it. If
you have Acrobat Exchange, you can separate the PDFs into individual files,
which may be helpful. Also, another option is to use Adobe Illustrator, into
which you can import PDFs, then edit the file as needed in Illustrator and
save it out as a TIF.
3) You can link the PDF as an object... but this sometimes comes up as a PDF
icon rather than the actual diagram.
4) If you maximize the size of the PDF to fit your screen, you can do a
screen capture. The quality loss is minimal.