Re: Info request on teaching TW (long)

Subject: Re: Info request on teaching TW (long)
From: Hillary Jones <hillary -at- NICHIMEN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:44:09 -0700

I'm not disagreeing with Alexia's list of learning objectives, but I did
want to mention that if your students are not planning to become
technical writers, their needs from a beginning tech writing course will
be different. In the case of the person who wrote for advice, for
example, most of the students will just need to learn some basic writing
strategies so they can write an effective legal brief, research
proposal, or business report. If you try to suck them into the world of
technical writing, they may be resistant. Remember, your students may
not have had a writing class since their freshman year, or even since
high school!