Re: more on British v. American spelling.

Subject: Re: more on British v. American spelling.
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:47:14 +0100

I think that it's (at least in many cases!) simply a matter of preferences
and how you were taught. I was brought up on "colour" so of course "color"
doesn't look right to me. No doubt people in the US have the reverse view.
It's pure and simply what we're used to seeing as you grow up, cultural if
you like - it becomes a part of you. It's largely preference and so we
pitch our language to the reader - lit we send to the US we have
"translated" before it is released!

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International