Proreactive? Let's get real!

Subject: Proreactive? Let's get real!
From: Leslie Bythewood <leslie -dot- bythewood -at- EROLS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:26:29 -0400

OK. I'll be starting a new job soon, so pardon me for getting on my
high horse, but can't we just agree this controversy is memorably
forgettable and focus on slaying more important dragons?

Don't you feel like you're about to develop a serious case of lockjaw
trying to say "proreactive" out loud?

I wouldn't use an inflated word like "proreactive" any more than I'd use
"procreative." Look at it this way: Would a husband and wife say to
each other, "Let's go procreate," when "Let's have a baby" is simpler
and more direct, if not more romantic?

Leslie Bythewood
Information Developer