Re: Graphical Devices - Informal Survey (Longish)

Subject: Re: Graphical Devices - Informal Survey (Longish)
From: Wayne Lundberg <Waynelund -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 19:12:17 GMT

I use mind-mapping in problem solving and in creating a speech, seminar or
article. Kind of like your bubble system you mentioned. By placing the page
horizontally and drawing an oval or bubble you immediately bring
right-brain and left-brain into the equation. Then, rather than start with
a list as we were taught in school, convert mental images of what we want
to convey onto the paper by naming that image. A word or two will cause
instant recall. What you end up with is a bunch of lines and squiggles,
ovals and stuff. But the moment you focus on one item the others come into
play and you have a sense of the whole and the order in which it should be
written or presented. I love it!