Re: JOBS: Tech Writers and Free Trade

Subject: Re: JOBS: Tech Writers and Free Trade
From: Christopher Carmichael <chrisc -at- SYNERGYMICRO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:53:48 -0700

Ouch! I got bombarded with request about NAFTA and work agreements. Folks,
I'm not a NAFTA expert! Nor any advice given by me [or this group] should
be considered valid. Sharks [err, attorneys] should be consulted. Or, you
can download the NAFTA agreement from some sleepy reading.

However, based on what goes on here in San Diego:

No work cards are neede south of the border [or north].

Skill should have a need [as before].

I also know that an engineer in Mexico is not an engineer in the U.S.
because of certification levels. However, our friends from Canada who are
engineers can come south.

Meanwhile, back to scribing manuals . . .

Thanks!

| Chris Carmichael Of the choice of two evils, |
| Synergy Microsystems, Inc. I pick the one |
| San Diego, California I've never tried before. |

'Be the Bunny?'

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!