Re: names for the "English" alphabet

Subject: Re: names for the "English" alphabet
From: Sarah Carroll <sarahc -at- INDIGO -dot- IE>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 12:13:36 +0100

Amy,
To make it clearer, you might want to tell the
users that they can't use any extended or
accented characters in their user names -
if that is what the engineers really mean.
Best
Sarah
sarahc -at- indigo -dot- ie

At 11:45 21/10/97 -0400, Amy E. Brown wrote:
>Some folks want me to say "English letters". The problem is, our software
(including the interface) is being translated into several languages, and I
have a feeling that French users would wonder why they were confined to the
"English" alphabet when their own (a/k/a latin) alphabet would suffice.