Re: Converting postscript files

Subject: Re: Converting postscript files
From: Peter Gold <pgold -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:35:31 -0700

Hi, Julie:

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Julie Tholen wrote:

> Question: How can I convert .ps files into something that I can edit in
> Frame?

One quickie that comes to mind is to use Acrobat Distiller to create PDF
files from the .ps documents, then open in Acrobat Reader or Exchange,
select the text or graphics in the PDF, copy and paste.

Perhaps others can point to tools that extract text and graphics from .ps
files. You won't retain any markup tags that might have been in the
original documents, so you'll still have hand-tagging work in Frame.

Regards,
Peter Gold
pgold -at- netcom -dot- com