TECH: Trouble installing Distiller Asst.

Subject: TECH: Trouble installing Distiller Asst.
From: "Branchaud, Paul" <pbranchaud -at- UTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:01:34 -0400

Greetings all.

I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat 3.0 on my system with mixed
reactions. The readme file says I need to have the Windows 95
PSCRIPT.DRV driver installed if I want to be able to properly install
Distiller Assistant. The first installation attempt resulted in a
warning because the driver wasn't installed. The subsequent attempts
(since the driver was installed) have resulted in an error message that
says "DISTASST.PS is not a valid port name" when the installation
program tries to configure the printer port for use with Distiller
Assistant (at 80% completion). The inability to create the DISTASST.PS
printer port prevents me from installing the Adobe PS 4.1 driver, which
is mentionned in the readme.

I am hoping that someone has previously survived this ordeal and can
help me correct the problem.

TIA,

Paul
Paul Branchaud Technical Writer
pbranchaud -at- utsoft -dot- com UtiliSoft Inc.
(514) 747-1400 Ext. 211 555, Dr. Frederik-Philips, Suite 210
ICQ: 4161320 Saint-Laurent, QC Canada H4M 2X4