ON-TOPIC BC/AD vs BCE/CE

Subject: ON-TOPIC BC/AD vs BCE/CE
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:22:48 -0700

I have seen BCE and CE used quite a bit in academic papers, especially
in the area of anthropology.

Other than that, I have not seen it often. As always, find out what
your audience expects.

Luckily, the technology I document is mostly 20th century, so when I put
a publication date in the front matter, I dispense with the AD/CE
designation and leave it to the end user to determine if the manual was
published in 1997 AD or 1997 BC.

(sorry Eric)

Jason
Who Just Can't Quit Displaying