Appendices

Subject: Appendices
From: Marci Abels <maa5906 -at- CCP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 21:37:12 -0500

Hello all,
I've searched on the web. looked thru several books I have at home and
at work, and tried, unsuccessfully, to check the TECHWR-L archives for
some information on what goes into an appendix. I'm having a
'discussion' about this topic at work and could use some resources to
support my position - or something to show me the error of my ways, if
need be.

I have a very small amount of information, but really have mostly my
feeling that useful, but not necessarily required information is
appendix material, as well as large tables of information. Our main
point of contention at the moment is about a table that will take up
about 4-5 pages in the manual. I want it in the appendix, someone else
thinks it should be in the manual. My thought is that this info will
break the flow of the text, and sidetrack the reader. The information is
going to be very useful to people using this aspect of the software, but
we can easily refer the reader to the appendix for the table.

Anyone know of a good source for how to construct/what belongs in the
appendix?

Marci Abels