Re: Entry-level requirements

Subject: Re: Entry-level requirements
From: barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:38:40 -0800

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Whiteside, Dan wrote:

> I find that any company that demands that I type XX words per minute
> doesn't want a Technical Communicator....just a typist...
>
> Anyone else?

YES! YES!

When I was on a few interviews, that question came up.

"How many words a minute can you type?"

Words per minute? What the heck is that?!

I can use most of my fingers...

The pinkey on my right hand never wants to get involved. My thumbs see
very little duty. My left hand stays close to the q-a-z side, and
my right hand dances all over the place.

Come to think of it, all of the touch typists in my group have braces on
their wrists, and tears flow from their eyes when they type now...

Maybe...

Barry Kieffer