Re: Going from Word 6 to Word 7

Subject: Re: Going from Word 6 to Word 7
From: Maggie Gerdes <mgerdes -at- P21 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:40:06 -0500

Hi, Paul.

As far as I understand it, Word 6 and Word 7 (for Windows 95) files
are totally interchangeable. You should not need a converter to share
these files.

If you have Word 6 and your colleague has Word 8 for Office 97, you DO
need a converter.

Either way, you can check out and search for
what you need. The converter we used to share our Word 6 and Office
97 documents is wrd97cnv.exe.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Maggie Gerdes

Archives:,, or