Choosing TW as a Career

Subject: Choosing TW as a Career
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 16:11:13 -0500

Amy Smith wrote:
> My father once suggested to me, in my junior year of high school, that I
> think about becoming a technical writer. Of course, I filed that
> suggestion away with all the other parental advice I ever ignored. :-)
>
> I did not become a technical writer right out of college. It took me
> about six years.

About my junior year of high school, I expressed an interest in becoming a
technical writer. The guidance counselor actually guffawed. "You need
physics, chemistry and calculus! Machine shop wouldn't be a bad choice
either," he said. Unfortunately, I was in the "arts" stream: English,
history, languages, art and music. Some years later, when I found myself
successfully documenting mission planning software for the Space Station
Freedom, I finally decided he was wrong. :-)

Hey, technical writing isn't rocket science --- oops, I guess it is!

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100 Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1 Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at:
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/a.htm#agnewb

<<application/ms-tnef>>