Re: OED is ONLINE!!!

Subject: Re: OED is ONLINE!!!
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- MAIL -dot- BC -dot- ROGERS -dot- WAVE -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:09:18 -0800

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:00:53 -0500, Marie C. Paretti wrote:

>>Sometime ago, someone on the list asked if the OED (Oxford English
>>Dictionary) was online. I never saw an answer, but today I found it. If
>>you're interested, take a look"
>>
>>http://www.oed.com/dicts.html
>
>Not quite. I just checked it out and you can't search it without a
>password.

Worse: they want a SPECIFIC password! ;-)

Is there any information there on OBTAINING a password to view the entire
site? Might almost be worth a few bucks for a monthly/yearly/whatever
"subscription" to the site (especially for those of us with a full-time
'net connection).

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>