Tech Writer contacts at Autodesk, Hewlett Packard (No. Calif.)?

Subject: Tech Writer contacts at Autodesk, Hewlett Packard (No. Calif.)?
From: Kenneth Delpit <KDelpit -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 16:12:37 -0500

Hi everybody. I'm new to this listserv, so I hope I don't commit any faux
pas's (What is the plural of "pas" anyway? Or should I pluralize the first
word, as in "mothers in law"? Fauxes?).

I am changing careers, from programming to technical writing, fairly late
in life. I have 1-1/2 semesters to go in the Technical and Professional
Writing program at San Francisco State University.

I am interested in contacting Autodesk, Inc. and Hewlett-Packard, both of
whom have offices in Northern California,so as to conduct a 15-minute
informational interview--what it's like to work there, etc. This is a
student exercise.

If you know (or know of) technical writers or editors at these companies,
and you can share their names, I would be grateful. Send private e-mail if
you don't want to broadcast the information over the listserv.

One other thing: Is it OK if I use your name in contacting these
individuals?

Thank you.

Ken Delpit KDelpit -at- compuserve -dot- com