Word merge codes

Subject: Word merge codes
From: Sekhar Maitra & Cindy Penn <penname -at- BELLSOUTH -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 15:33:26 -0500

This is my first question to the list. My boss is looking for a fix in
MS Word, and I offered to try to find an answer. We use both Word 6 and
Word 7 in our office, and the version seems to have no bearing on our
problem.

When merging in MS Word, sometimes the actual merge data gets saved in
the template under the mergecode. Is there a fix?

Cindy