Re: Internet-based Publishing Tools

Subject: Re: Internet-based Publishing Tools
From: Shorter Rankin <srank -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 20:32:58 +0800

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997 21:13:50 -0800, John Wolf wrote:

>Any know of an affordable product to develop training to be delivered on
>an intranet?

If you want something 'quick and dirty' you could pick up a
public domain
Perl script which does just this. Drop by Matt's Script
Warehouse and get
his QUIZ script. The script is so well documented that you
should not have
too much trouble modifying the thing to do what you want.

> I know a variety of ways to prepare the content and output
>to HTML, but all the products I know of that allow interaction with the
>course (such as student tests) cost thousands of dollars. My needs are
>simply to display basic content and then have students click on multiple
>choice questions for review. No fancy scoring, etc. Are there less
>expensive alternatives to Authorware, Icon Author, Toolbook, etc.?
>
>Thanks.
>
>- John

You are welcome. HTH assuming, of course, that you can run
Perl scripts on the server side of your intranet.

Good luck, let us know how this works out,

Shorter Rankin
Sacramento, CA
mailto:srank -at- pacbell -dot- net

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!